Doing good with your camera...



I came across this story and was only a few lines into it and knew that I HAD to share with you, it's about how photographers are making a difference with their time and their cameras.

If you are looking for a way to "give back" you may want to take a look at this story, it talks about how photographers are giving shelter pets a better chance at finding a new home with "glam makeovers".

I thought this image was a great example of how much difference a picture can make, I mean really, which dog would you want?


If you want to see some REALLY well done pet photography, please take a look at two of the photographers mentioned in the story, Seth Casteel at Little friends and Teresa Berg, people using their skills to give animals a better chance at finding a new and loving home.

5 comments:

Scott Duncan said...

What an excellent story and idea. Anything to help shelter animals get a home is terrific. Love it.

David R Martinson said...

Super great post! I started looking around my area to see what the shelter pics look like and I think I can totally make a great contribution.

Kirsten Harr said...

What a novel idea! Thank you!

Miguel Palaviccini said...

Oh what a great story! We adopted our dog (Ollie) from a shelter :)

I'm going to spend some time this weekend contacting some shelters. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before hand.

Thanks for sharing Scott!

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful. being an animal lover myself, i think this is so great. :)