A serious Lightroom productivity tool...

There is a new productivity tool on the market that is making photographers who use Lightroom as their editing tool of choice sit up and take notice, it's called RPG Keys.

RPG Keys was developed by Tim Riley, an outstanding photographer and avid Lightroom user. Tim photographs a bunch of weddings every year and uses Lightroom as his primary tool for image editing so he understands first hand how long it takes to run though 2000-3000 wedding shots (per event). Which is not an unusually high number of shots for a single wedding, it is more the norm than the exception. Most wedding photographers I know shoot a minimum of (roughly) 1800 images per wedding.

So, what is RPG Keys? Glad you asked, it's a keyboard designed to work specifically with Lightroom to "include reviewing / organizing and editing your photos all in one single step".

Most of the common Lightroom shortcuts can now be handled with a single keystroke (as opposed to the mouse, keyboard, and then mouse again that have been part of my workflow for way too long).

You can also apply the presets standard in Lightroom and 20 custom presets right from RPG Keys.

This is a serious tool. That's why I use it.

I want to provide my clients with the best possible images I can, and I would also like to do it in the shortest time possible. So if I can shave 2 hours off every wedding I shoot, if I can save me 45-60 minutes off every portrait session, it leaves me with more time for other things, like marketing.

Or even better, I can be out playing catch with my kids, or in the house annoying he crap out of my wife.

;)

Regardless of how you spend your time, RPG Keys will give you back more of it.

Another way to look it it is what is your time worth, what would you be willing to pay to have bunch of hours put back in your pocket?

A few bits and pieces about RPG Keys:

1. It comes in both a PC and MAC version.
2. You an get it for left or right handed people.
3. It comes with 1 years worth of free upgrades.
4. When Lightroom v2 is released, that upgrade will be free as well.
5. Sounds good, but not quite sure it's for you? It comes with a 30 day return policy.

You can watch a short (2 minute) intro/demo here, a longer (9 minute) demo here, as well as a PC and MAC workflow video.

It does have a learning curve (just like any of that fancy shmancy equipment us photographers buy) so I don't want you to think you'll pull it out of the box and be a whiz with it, it does not take long at all to get the hang of it and the more you use it, the better and faster you will get.

If you time is important to you, then this deserves your serious consideration.

(click to enlarge image)

6 comments:

Miguel Palaviccini said...

I could see how this could be very useful to the serious photographer ... but boy is it pricey!

Andrew P. Agosto said...

Aw, this was a very nice post. In concept I wish to put in writing like this moreover ?taking time and actual effort to make a very good article?but what can I say?I procrastinate a lot and not at all appear to get one thing done.
clipping path

Unknown said...

Oh my!!! You are just too true to be good. How do you manage to write and research on such wonderful things? You have inspired me to work harder now. I shall try as much as possible to enjoy life to the fullest and be satiated with the wonderful things that are around me, which I have been unaware of until now. clipping path service

Hdpcgames said...

which was important because Lollipop is the biggest and most ambitious release of Android ever. field service software There are dozens of additional programs both for your computer and online. I short list might include 87 different programs. If you need to get started and already have a lot of photos or images, at least look at Picasa. If your files are semi-organized already, be sure and attach the files to the individuals and families using your genealogy database program. Good website! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day! top hollywood web series Good website! I truly love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day! top hollywood web series hdpcgames windowcrack portabledownloads getmecrack windowsactivatorpro showbizclan top digital marketing agencies in Pakistan In multi-unit retail outlets, they keep the cash inside the store organize and with gift cards, retailers will acquire name acknowledgment and introduction in the commercial center, further extending its current client base. cards In multi-unit retail outlets, they keep the cash inside the store organize and with gift cards, retailers will acquire name acknowledgment and introduction in the commercial center, further extending its current client base. cards

newcrackkey said...

avast-drive-updater-key-full-crack-latestis an antivirus programming program that is utilized to filter the records so it check the documents and to examine the PC infections that might give indication of PC contamination. It can discover the infection and output it totally. The antivirus programming will find the abnormal conduct of PC to distinguish in case it is tainted by the infections.

procrackkeys said...

Avast Antivirus Lifetime Activation Key