A new tool for shooting tethered...



If you shoot tethered to your iPad I have a very handy tool that will make your life a bit easier, it's the iKlip from IK Multimedia.

Whenever possible I strongly recommend shooting tethered as it gives you a much better view of your subject. I'm sure I am not the only (or first) photographer who has "chimped" at an image and was sure I had it only to learn after downloading it (and viewing it on a larger screen) that I in fact did not have it.

But setting up a laptop to shoot tethered is not always a viable option, but shooting tethered to an iPad left you with the problem of how (and where) to secure your iPad?

The iKlip is the perfect solution, it will allow you to shoot tethered to your iPad secure in the fact it is not going anywhere.

I treat all of my gear like it's important, because it is and I will not use something unless I have complete confidence in its ability to meet my expectation of keeping my gear safe and the iKlip meets (and exceeds) my high standards.

It gets two thumbs way up. Watch the video below for my "hands on" demonstration.

Now if you have an iPad but don't yet use it to shoot tether, stay tuned as we will soon have a tutorial on that very subject.

If this post was delivered to your inbox then it came without the video portion attached, so you should return to the blog or head directly over to our YouTube channel to watch it.



11 comments:

Miguel Palaviccini said...

That is pretty handy! Looking forward to your tutorial on shooting tethered to the iPad. Can you give us a sneak peak regarding the software that you use?

Also, does this mean that the next contest is for an iPad?! haha

Commercial Photographer Essex | Family Photography said...

Wow, very useful. Thanks for sharing. Recently I have bought iPad and definitely would try it.

half blind said...

Thanks for the heads up, Scott. Looks very handy

Scott said...

Giving away an iPad… good one.

;)

And good luck getting mine, my wife is not into technology… does not use the computer, no email address, doesn’t even use a cell phone, but when it comes to my iPad it’s waaaaaaay different, I have to hit her with a tranquilizer dart to get it out of her hands!

I love both the technology and the portability.

Regarding the software for shooting tethered, I don’t want to “steal the thunder” from the post but I promise to have the tutorial up (hopefully) by week’s end.

Anonymous said...

Great!! Wow!! Thanks for sharing!

Cannot wait for your shooting tethered tutorial!

Rob said...

Thanks for the
photography tips as a beginner photographer I’ll take all the tips I can get. Shooting tethered definitely looks like something I should explore. I found some great tutorials over at NYIP too.

Michael Palmer said...

That is one handsome family on the screen!! Great Review Scott!

Scott said...

Aren't they!

Darn good looking family...

Anonymous said...

Have you ever posted the followup to shooting tethered with the iPad? I have looked and waited, but maybe I missed it.

Scott said...

I did not, thanks for the reminder. I will add it to my "to-do" list.

Miguel Palaviccini said...

Recently got an iPad (1st version) at a nice discounted price. I really like the idea of the stand, but more for cooking. My fiancee and I like to cook together and this would help hold the iPad (with all of our recipes) :)

On a side note ... still haven't seen the follow-up: Shooting tethered with the iPad :)