Review of the LumiQuest Big Bounce...

LumiQuest makes a bunch of flash accessories and is without a doubt "the leader in flash solutions". As a wedding photographer my big concern is shadows, you are shooting in cramped places, people are close together or close to walls and the horrid side effect is that big black shadow that outlines your subject and reaches out of the picture and slaps you in the face.

So I asked the good folks at LumiQuest for one of their products to review, to see if it works as good as they say and they were kind enough to send me a Big Bounce to play with.

Before I show you my test results, two things:

1. If you are interested in seeing a very well done tutorial on how all of the LumiQuest products work, check out this link.

2. What you are about to see are not "artistic" images, that is not what I was going for (not even remotely). What I wanted to do (and did) was create a harsh flash scenario by using my flash (a Nikon SB-800) a little hotter than I normally would and I also put my subjects right next to a white wall, normally a recipe for disaster (as seen in my before pictures), but as you can see in the "after" images the Big Bounce did a great job.

If you click on any of the images they will open larger in a new window and you can view the results even better.

I have to say the Big Bounce is a low cost solution with big time reults.



6 comments:

jack zucker said...

too much contrast. I assume it's a small softbox?

Scott said...

It is, here is a link to it:

http://www.lumiquest.com/store/products/LumiQuest-Big-Bounce.html

Rumah Dijual said...

I enjoy reading through your article post, I wanted to write a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation All the best for all your blogging efforts.

Miguel Palaviccini said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. That's pretty helpful. However, the link to the Big Bounce produce seems to be broken. Maybe there was an update to it?

Rexlugaw said...

This article is extremely useful and interesting, Thanks for sharing such an instructive article with us.

keep updating.....! By the way , this information is very informative also ---> Getting started in Pet Photography.


Rexlugaw said...

great articles, Maybe you want to check this out also When Photos Lie.