The Nikon D800 is kicking serious butt...



I have been hearing from more and more people who are singing the praises of the Nikon D800 (well, not actually singing).

Several of my friends who shoot weddings have been shooting with the D800 and at first were concerned about the files size (that it would not be able to keep up the the fast pace demanded by weddings, fearing that while they were shooting it would still be busy writing the last file) and the other concern is that it would not be able to hold a candle to the Nikon D3 in low light situations.

Turns out neither of things is an issue.

As many of you know, I shoot weddings with Stacey Kane, and she has become a huge D800 fan, she uses it exclusively when shooting portraits and during weddings she shoots twice as many images with the D800 than she does with her beloved D3.

Stacey RAVES about the quality of the images that the D800 puts out.

There is a reason those images look so good, according to organizations like DXO Labs the D800 sensor is the best in the world.

So I know first hand what a great camera it is for shooting stills, but now I am learning what a phenomenal video camera it is as well.


I first heard it during my interview with Michael Clark, he said that some of the best video files he has seen are coming from the D800.

Then came this article that talks about how the Nikon D800 is taking a leading role in Hollywood.

It talks about how the D800 produces video quality good enough that it is used exclusively to film the show "Wilfred" and is also used pretty extensively in the HBO show "Dexter" as well. Check this story out.

It is (almost) unbelievable that you can get an exceptional pro quality still camera AND a video camera good enough for Hollywood all rolled into one camera body. But which is more impressive, that one camera can do both so well or that it sells for under $3000?

If you are considering a serious camera take a look at the Nikon D800.

I just ordered my second one.



2 comments:

Miguel Palaviccini said...

This is indeed my dream camera! I can't wait to be able to afford one one of these days :)

Amy said...

I love mine but I hate how the large files slooooow down my editing.