It has been far too long...



Yes it has, it's been far too long since I last posted.

First let me say to all of the people who have reached out to me, emailed asking how I was, hoping all was well, and wishing me their best.... THANK YOU.

Since I started this blog waaaaay back in 2007 folks could expect to read at least 5 and sometimes as many as 7 posts a week, at least that was the case until this past August.

It was then that I felt as if I had finally been overtaken by the circumstances that life will sometimes throw at us. I will spare you the details but suffice it to say that I didn't feel like I was waiting for my ship to come in, or that it was here, it felt much more like I was watching it sail away.

But like they say "being defeated is a temporary condition, giving up is what makes it permanent".

So I wanted to let you know that I am still here and that you can expect to see more posts (starting now!), though they will probably not be as often as they used to be... at least not at first, it may take me awhile to work up to that, but that too will come.

So thank you for your concern and thank you for your patience.

I may not have fully realized what a phenomenal community had built up around Weekly Photo Tips, but I do now and I am truly appreciative of it.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll see you next week.


13 comments:

Meredith said...

Glad to see you back. You've been missed.

Anonymous said...

Great to see you are back, I checked everyday and tried to ask other bloggers about you missing in action....you have been missed I agree

Anonymous said...

I pray you have found peace. I didn't realize how much I missed your blog until it showed up today.
Take Care
Kathy

Unknown said...

Great to have you back online Scott, thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge to us all. Wishing you only the best. Hal

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott

I too missed your blog. I didn't know how or even if I should contact you. I don't know you and have never met you.

I enjoy your blog and your character. From my reading of your blog over the years I've come to feel like you are the type of individual I like to associate with whether it is in person or by following their blog.

I checked the internet and googled your name but could not find out anything so I checked your blog on a weekly basis and today I was gratified that you are alive and hopefully well.

I like your quote that our problems only become permanent when we give up.

Your work and postings are appreciated so I hope you can continue to share with your followers. If not I hope you find peace, comfort, and happiness.

I too write a daily photography blog although it is more about what is on my feeble mind then photography, so I know it can be like an anchor on you from time to time.

All the Best Scott!

Regards,
Dave Updegraff
www.upde.net

Erald said...

I hope I'm wrong, but these are signs that the site is coming towards its inevitable demise. I sincerely hope I'm way off in my prediction and apologise for my negative outlook on the situation. Do not give up man, this has been an important place for me personally. Cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK !!! Yes, YOU were truly missed. Sometimes others don't realize the impact they have on others. That would be you. Amazing how I can miss (and worry so much about) someone I never even met. How about going with the title (of the blog) and making it just a weekly blog where you blog once a week? That is all I ever expected based on the title anyways. Hey, it's about quality - not quantity!

Anonymous said...

Scott,
I echo everyone in the previous post........we're just glad your back! We'll keep praying for ya!

Regards,
Steve M.
Black Tie Photography

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe I was dropped from the mailing list. Glad to see you are back. Would love to hear how you transitioned from nurse to photographer ( we have met through Stacey)

Rick K. said...

Scott, Very Glad to see you back posting!!!....Thought something bad had happened to you. Happy you are well and posting again!

LPK said...

Hi Scott,

I had a similar experience this year (waiting for ship to come in and all that). It took courage to blog about it, and was encouraging for me to know I am not alone.

I don't comment often, but I just want to say this that not only is this blog informative, it is also offers encouragement to photographers, no matter where they are in their photography. It is getting harder and harder to find blogs that do both. Thanks for that!

Wishing you and your family a very blessed holiday season.

Laurens

Amber P. Otoole said...

This scene looks gorgeous to see here .

Robert Smith said...

It was really an awesome post. Thanks a lot for sharing with us