This weekend’s horse show…

My teenage daughter is into horses. By into, I mean INTO.

She takes lessons every Saturday and Sunday, reads all kinds of horse magazines (who knew horses could read and write) and every inch of her bedroom walls are covered with horse pictures and posters.

I compare it to being a boat owner, a hobby that requires you to throw large sums of good money at it on a regular basis.

Here are a few images from a show we went to this past weekend.

Click on any image to view it larger (and in a new window).





5 comments:

Michael Palmer said...

Great Captures Scott!

Scott D. Coulter said...

A very beautiful picture set, thanks so much for sharing them. I drive past a two different stables around here on a regular basis, and I'm trying to work up the nerve to drop in some afternoon and introduce myself and ask if I could hang out and take some pictures. So many great photo opportunities in a place like that!

Unknown said...

My daughter started at age 5, she is now 20 and still INTO horses and I still throw money in on a regular basis. Worth every penny to watch her smile while riding!

Anonymous said...

I have two daughters that have been showing quarter horses for over 10 years. I agree with Scott it has been worth every penny, however if I could convince them to skip one month of showing this spring I could buy the new 5D.

Anonymous said...

love these captures. I have one nearly identical of a cowboy like yours. I think mine is one my Flickr account but it may also be on my photoblog. I love these sorts of photos -- the candid ones that tell a story and give the viewer lots to ponder about.