To all you dads out there...

Happy Father's Day.

I hope this day is turning into a wonderful celebration of your fatherhood.

The best thing about today (for me) is not the cards, the gifts, or the fact that I am treated like a king (but only for a day), it's a day that focuses on how lucky I am to be a father.

And then it spreads out from there. How lucky I am to have such wonderful children, happy, healthy children, and that being their dad completes me.

I am sure there is a day here and there when they don't feel quite so lucky...

;)


I was driving to my brothers house for a family cookout and just a block away I saw this sign on a lawn and I couldn't help but think about the level of worry that was behind placing a sign like this on your lawn.

So to add hope to his Father's Day I am posting it here for all of you to see and ask that you forward it on to everyone you know with the request that they do the same.

And maybe, just maybe with a little help from people he will never meet Mark will find a kidney.

Happy Father's Day Mark!



1 comment:

half blind said...

This post reminds me that no matter how great or not so great things are going, there are always people in dire need at the same time we're muddling through. Sure does put some perspective on things, doesn't it?