Well that was just a little scary...


I was in the kitchen last night, cleaning up after dinner and suddenly there was a deep rumbling, things started shaking, and glasses were rattling as if a HUGE tank was being driven right by my back door.

My wife thought the washer was out of balance, spinning out of control... I was wondering if my furnace was about to do something terribly unpleasant, but about 5 seconds in we all looked at each other and said "EARTHQUAKE!".

Sure enough, moments later the news came on confirming it, and not only was it an earthquake, we were just 11 miles from the epicenter.

Within 15 minutes of the quake there was a Facebook page "I survived the 10/16/12 earthquake" and as of this morning it has over 81,000 likes.

People are posting some pretty funny stuff there.





4 comments:

photography by anika alonzo said...

Ha! This is pretty fun! I'm glad you're ok though!

Chainsaw said...

Geez, get over it. New Zealand had a 5.2 yesterday - it only warrants a few lines in the newspaper!

Scott said...

okay, I'm over it...

:)

Senior Pictures said...

What a great tips and i think this is one of most unique one. I did not have to stumble, i got your very easliy. Thank god.