Portraits from this weekend...

For Mothers Day I am doing portraits of each of my three daughters.

This weekend I brought Emma (aka "peanut") to the beach for her images, and as we were unloading the van what runs by us but a fox! As we stood there with our mouths open a little fur ball skitters by after her (about 10 feet in front of us), then a second, a third, and finally a forth little fox brought up the rear.

It was only then that I realized that I had a camera in my hand and should start snapping images. But by then they were a bit far away and what you see are rather unremarkable.


On the other hand, the pictures of Peanut are remarkable, as she is a beautiful young woman, but maybe I am a bit biased.

I did use an off camera flash (held by my voice activated light stand) for just a little fill light.



4 comments:

Mike said...

It's not always a bad thing to miss out on shots like that. I'm guessing the experience of simply watching the foxes walk by was more rewarding than taking a few pictures of them would have been.

Anonymous said...

I LOOK AWESOME! thanks dad

Chuck said...

Yah Dad, she does look awesome.
Love your VAL also. :C)
I had just posted some pics of "my" brood on my blog.
arppworks.blogspot.com
Scroll down to meet the "Kitchen Fox"
We've had snow or rain for the last 2 weeks. (2 inches this morning)
Boy am I jonesing to get out.
Anybody have any comments on Monitor calibration? Specifically the ColorMunki?

Chuck

Michael Palmer said...

Great Shots Scott!!