Free food for veterans...

Tomorrow (November 11) is Veterans Day and many restaurants, like Applebees, Texas Roadhouse, and Hooters, are offering free food, from appetizers to complete meals.

For a complete list of restaurants you can check out The Military Wallet.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see stuff like this because when I was in the military back in the days of Vietnam we were encouraged to travel in civilian clothes because it was not at all uncommon to be yelled at, called names, and even spit upon.

Not once did I wear civilian clothes.

7 comments:

photography by anika alonzo said...

those were very different times back then.

Robert said...

Thank You for being Brave,
Thank You for being Proud,
Thank You for your Service.

half blind said...

I am thankful that there are still some people left in this country who think to give something back to the folks who put their lives on the line for us. Respect.

Ashley Hataway said...

My husband is currently serving in the United States Navy. I'm so proud of our veterans, active duty, and reservists. Thank you, Scott, for serving and for having the pride to wear that uniform anywhere you went!! It takes a real man (or woman) to wear one.

Bill said...

Thank you for your service. Your comments reminded me of the times. I remember being a Navy Medic at Chelsea Naval Hospital, and the reaction of people to our patients.

Chance said...

hats off to you and a happy Veterans Day!

Shana Qualey said...

Good for You!!! Thank you for your service.