A new, free lighting Magazine from Scott Kelby!...



Today Scott Kelby released a new iPad-only digital magazine called Light It: A How-To Magazine for Studio Lighting and Off-Camera Flash through KelbyTraining.com. The debut issue is free and available now on iTunes in the App Store.

Light It is for photographers of all skill-levels who use lighting or want to explore lighting concepts.

The free debut issue of Light It features contributions from executive editor Scott Kelby, with features from editorial photographer Zack Arias and one of today’s most influential hotographers Joe McNally. Regular contributors include Matt Kloskowski and Rafael "RC" Concepcion from The National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP).


10 comments:

Jermz said...

I love Kelby's teaching method and his stuff is usually very inspirational... the problem is - the debut is free - but what's it going to cost me for the next one!?!

Anonymous said...

Jermz, $2.99 an issue after that. Published 8 times a year. Pretty cheap for such great info.

Scrapmuch said...

the problem is "iPad only" . . . that's really limiting your audience!

gianmarco said...

I agree Ipad only is the problem!
I do not own one nor do I intend to........ ever!

Anonymous said...

would love to receive and enjoy the new read, but, I too, don't use an Ipad, Please adapt the app for android users... or, just make it available online! Lighting is exactly what I am pursueing right now, and one of my weakest areas... Please Please Please make it available. I have MANY of your other books and use them all the time.

Legacy Photography said...

Same here. I am 110 % committed to Kelby training products, but don't use the iphone.
I am sure Scott and his team will do the right thing.

Unknown said...

I would love to read this but I don't have an IPad or Iphone and not interested in buying one. Can't you expand your audience a bit? Pretty please :)

Miguel Palaviccini said...

It doesn't look like Scott Kelby is going to release it for any other format any time soon:

http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2011/archives/21078

While I agree that this may be limiting for some, his intentions were to make and optimize a magazine for the iPad, and that is what he did. If you have the iPad, it's a great magazine, but if you don't, he still offers a ton of other FREE tutorials! Can't complain there

half blind said...

I've been reading Scott Kelby books, am a member of NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) which he started, and have gone to many of his seminars for several years. You can't go wrong with anything from Scott. Must be the name!

Cut Out Image said...

So nice and interesting this free magazine .