A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!...


Yesterday was Christmas cookie making day at our house, the sound rolling from the kitchen was the laughter of my wife and three daughters and it was a beautiful as any music I've ever heard.

Though it was only after I walked into the kitchen to fulfill my obligation as "taste tester" that I realized things are "different".

When my girls were younger it was simple, they would pile as much frosting, sprinkles, M&M's (and whatever else they could find) onto freshly baked cookies. How those delicate little cookies ever stood up under the weight of all that sugar was simply amazing.


And now it's... well, it's less sugar and more "let's see if we can embarrass dad". Yes, my daughters cookie decorating skills have definitely changed.


It is my hope that you and yours have a warm and loving holiday season.

I hope there is always food on your table and those you hold most dear sitting around it.

That your home is warm and your heart is always happy.

That as you look back over this past year you see happiness, and as you look forward to the new year you see nothing but hope.

In closing, a picture from a not to distant Christmas past... when my girls were believers... and they left goodies for the big guy and his reindeer.

Merry Christmas everyone.



6 comments:

Tara said...

Haha those are awesome!

half blind said...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and your family right back to you, Scott. Thanks for a great year of posts!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful heartfelt post! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Pam said...

Those are great they should market them!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

maryann [Maryann's*****Fotos] said...

Merry Christmas to you and the girls! What a lucky guy you are!

Kenneth Gibbons LLC said...

It maybe a little late but Merry Christmas. I love the photo.

Also Happy New Year,
Kenneth Gibbons LLC