Regrets, sadly we all have them...



Yesterday I was reading a story over at Money Talk News, "Top 6 Regrets of the Dying", and for me it was an eye opener. Some of those regrets hit just a little too close to home.

Here is the list:

1. ”I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. “I wish I didn’t work so hard.”

3. “I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.”

4. “I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.”

5. “I wish that I had let myself be happier.”

I am 57 and have been going through some unexpected and unpleasant life changes, all the more reason I do not, no... will not tolerate these regrets.

So I printed out the list and pinned it to the wall right next to the bathroom mirror, then I walked down stairs, grabbed the phone and started calling some friends that I haven't talked to in far too long and started making some "reconnection" lunch dates.

It is my hope that reading the list will spark something in you as well, that if you carry some of these regrets that you'll cast them off and move forward as a happier person, living a fuller life, a life that has fewer regrets.

Because we deserve it.

To read the entire story (and find out what number 6 on the regrets list is), you can head over to Money Talk News.


6 comments:

STAR*Connect Aviation said...

are you kidding me?

is this just an ad?

that is low indeed!

Scott said...

Hey Brian,

It's not an ad, not quite sure what you are referencing, I was talking about a story on Money Talk News.

STAR*Connect Aviation said...

then I appologize.

Anonymous said...

I had the same sort of problem few yeras back. Now I am working hard on maintaining all good relationships. Why hard? Because naturally I fall under the thought "they'll call me and meet me". Well it doesn't work this way, especially when some of your friends live 2000km from you.

The funny outcome, one of my friends said to me: we meet more often than some of my so called friends who live within 10km radius... they are busy living their lives.

It is important not to forget what is important in our lives and persue it.

Scott said...

Well Said Rafal... thanks for stopping by.

Zara Boehm said...

Amazing this statue creation love this guy .