Vincent Versace & Burma disaster relief...

I have always had a great deal of respect for Vincent Versace, and not for the reasons you may think, it has more to do with who he is a person and less for his photographic prowess.

When I got his email yesterday that respect shot up even further. I will spare you my ramblings and let Vincent speak for himself:

"You know how much the country of Burma (Myanmar) moved me when I shot there. I truly was taken by the country, so much so I left a piece of my heart and soul there.

I believe that being of service is the rent you pay to live on the planet, which is why I volunteer my time to be the photographer of a first response extreme medical rescue team "Immediate Assistants".

Thomas Jefferson said "The pen is mightier than the sword". I believe that art is mightier than the pen. With that said I am putting my art where my heart is.

With the current death toll at 22,000 and 46,000 still missing, we as a community of creatives have to act with the the most powerful tools that we have, our voice, and in my work that voice is contained.

For the next six weeks 100% of any of my photographic art, what ever size, what ever the price of that the art sells for (except for Shipping and Handling) will be donated to relief efforts in Burma and will be sent directly to the The Nargis Victims of Myanmar Trust.

Please link to my print sales page and buy a print for the cause:

http://versacephotography.com/prints.html

If you want to donate an amount that is less than the cost of one of my prints, or you just want to donate directly out of the kindness of your heart here is the account info:

Washington Mutual
Yorba Linda Financial Center
1358
20385 Yorba Linda Blvd.
Yorba Linda, CA 92886

Phone: 1-800-788-7000

Name of account: "The Nargis Victims of Myanmar Trust"

If you are going to send a check, please use this address and payable to "The Nargis Victims of Myanmar Trust"

Andrew Khaw
4382 Via Miguel
Yorba Linda, CA 92886

Thank You"

No comments: