Wandering off the reservation...

As our regular readers know, and all the new ones are about to find out, on weekends I tend to "go off topic" from photography and post on just about anything.

Things that are interesting, topical, or important (at least to me).

My daughter was reading a magazine and saw a short blurb about a new theme park that was designed for people with special needs and said "you should tell people about this".

I thought she was right.

Being the fortunate parent of children that don't have special needs I've never thought about the things those families don't have access to, the family trips (and fun) they haven't had.


So, todays wandering is to share with you "Morgan's Wonderland", it opened just 6 months ago, and is "the World's First Ultra Accessible Family Fun Park designed specifically for children and adults with special needs, their family members, caregivers, friends and the entire community".

Morgan's Wonderland is in San Antonio Texas, sits on 25 acres, and looks like such a fun place.

When I saw the eyes of this young boy I saw pure joy.


So please check out their website, the parks different attractions, and their live webcam.

But most importantly tell others about it.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan's Wonderland is located in San Antonio, Texas. Please let your reader's know it is not in Austin, Texas.

Thanks,
Rey Coronado

Scott said...

Rey,

You are correct and I fixed it in the post.

Thanks for letting me know (and for reading the blog).

Scott

Anonymous said...

This is what it is all about, making sure we all can enjoy life, in spite of what some call limitations. Thanks for sharing this Scott.

half blind said...

Many thanks for bringing attention to this very worthwhile cause. XLNT