Another Wedding Wednesdays...


Today I want to talk about there being more than one way to shoot the same shot.

I am sure you have heard it said "when you think you have the shot perfect, take two steps closer".

Might I change that just a bit to say "once you have the shot, re-frame, re-frame, re-frame".

This is a shot I took of the bride and groom.



After grabbing that shot I asked myself "how can I shoot this differently?", and asked myself that a few times, and below you see the results.





Of course you can ask that throughout your entire workflow, "how can I process this differently?".

So the takeaway from today is, don't stop with the obvious, when you think you have the shot take it again... and again.



(click on any image to view larger and in a new window)



7 comments:

micah white said...

when you shoot, do you leave extra room around for post process cropping or do you frame the shot with your camera? i'm sure its a little of both, but just curious how you usually approach it...

Scott said...

The full shot was slightly askew so I straightened it and lost a (very) small amount of the image in the process.

Other than that this is how these images were framed (and shot).

Thanks for coming by and leaving a question.

Scott

Just Jen said...

That really was a great question. I always ask myself if I should leave room for post or just frame in camera. Most of the time, I frame in camera, but the times I don't, I am happy with my post....

I guess it depends on what you prefer, huh?

maryann [Maryann's*****Fotos] said...

Good advice no matter what you are shooting.

LPK said...

Wonderful series of pics. I like that you kept reframing the photos, both horizontal and vertical, as well as capturing details. Also love the lead in lines!

Stephen Henry said...

Really clever to shoot their legs. I would have never thought to do this. Unconventional in a good way. Good tips and photos.
Stephen,
www.photoflowgallery.blogspot.com

Miguel Palaviccini said...

Wow, very clever! All three shots are great. I never would have thought of that. Ever. Nope, never. I think each image alone is more than the one image that shows everything. You really get drawn to the details of each. Love it!