Dirty photography...



Not sure if there is anything more annoying than downloading hundreds of images from a shoot and as you start the review process you see something quite ugly... sensor dirt in frame, after frame, after frame.

The dirt can be cleaned (both off the images and the camera), but for today's conversation we are going to focus on cleaning the dirt off your camera sensor.

Speaking from personal experience having a sensor cleaned is two parts money and one part time.

The money comes from (part one) the cleaning fee (in the $125 ranger per cleaning) and the fact that while your camera is out being cleaned you are unable to shoot anything (part two of money).

And while the camera is gone all you have is time, unproductive time. Well, I guess you can use it to remove all that sensor dirt from all those images.

I have finally begun doing something I have long resisted and now wish I had not waited soooo long to do it.


My solution? The Delkin Sensorscope System.

The price of the Sensorscope System is only $109 (includes free shipping), that's less than the cost of a single "pro" cleaning and the kit comes with enough supplies that you can clean your camera up to two dozen times.

Here is our video review of the Delkin Sensorscope System (those of you receiving this post by email will need to return to the blog or head directly over to our YouTube channel to watch it).



4 comments:

Jan W. said...

Very cool Scott, thanks for taking the time to show the kit.

On vacation this year, I had to go buy some swaps to clean my sensor - $60,- for 3 prewetted and 3 dry swaps - yep, I think I got robbed. :)
This kit looks like a very good price, I dont think Im gonna pass this one up.
Thanks again.

Matt M. said...

I have been needing something like this. With 3 cameras its silly not to have this. Thanks for the great info!

Anonymous said...

i have justed purchase one of ebay and i cant wait to use it

Bill Roberts said...

I just bought one of these after months of tearing my hair out over every single time i got crud on my D800 and D700 sensors. And then all the fear and loathing from the manufacturer about do not do this at home. Of course not, they want to nick you everytime you get it cleaned. Anyway, I am enthusiastic about undertaking my own sensor cleaning now that I know there are tools for doing so and other intrepid souls doing so. As much as making me aware of the product you gave me permission ! now where is your post about cleaning images after they are shot? I can't seem to find that.